King George Surgery
135 High Street, Stevenage, Hertfordshire. SG1 3HT
It's Wednesday 9:27 PM — Sorry, we're closed
Telephone: 01438 361111
Out of Hours: 111
Coronavirus – update
Important news from the surgery: Coronavirus
As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, the surgery is making some changes to ensure that it can care for patients in the best possible way:
- The strategy is to move as much patient care as possible to telephone appointments instead of face to face
- The surgery has moved to a same day total triage system. This means that anyone requesting a face to face appointment must have a discussion on the phone with the GP first. If the GP feels it is clinically appropriate, they will allocate an appointment to see the patient the same day. This applies to extended hours as well as normal surgeries.
- GPs will place TWO calls, TEN minutes apart and will allow SIX rings each time. We are incredibly busy – if you miss both calls you will need to call back and go back onto the triage list, this may be the following day if we are at capacity. PLEASE NOTE THE CALL WILL SHOW AS NO CALLER ID.
- We have closed the surgery doors – only those patients with arranged appointments will be allowed entry – please see signs on the main doors and use the door bell. If you do not have a pre-arranged appointment you will not be allowed entry to the building.
- Patients may collect prescriptions and items from the Dispensary via windows that are signposted at the front of the building. Please if you have not done so – nominate a pharmacy to receive your prescriptions electronically, you will not therefore have to come and collect a paper prescription (this does not apply to Walkern patients). Go to the Prescriptions page on the website.
- Advance booking of appointments is suspended for the time being.
- Same day telephone appointments can be booked on the phone or via online access.
- Nurse appointments can still be booked in advance but the patients will be phoned for screening the day before to ensure that they do not have a cough or fever.
- Patients will be asked to attend face to face appointments on their own. Partners/friends/family are asked to wait outside or in their car. Where it is necessary for a carer or partner to attend, that individual will also need to be screened before they are admitted.
- Please avoid telephoning the surgery if you can. Patients should use the website to raise non urgent queries. Phone lines are exceptionally busy, so using the website will prevent patients having to wait in the phone queues and will allow the Reception team to manage their workload.
- Some non-essential procedures have been temporarily suspended to provide the surgery with the capacity to manage the coronavirus. These include weight checks, health checks and spirometry, routine cervical screening, and blood pressure monitoring – you can purchase a monitor from pharmacies or online and submit readings to us via email/the website.
- If patients are seen face to face, the GP/nurse may choose to wear protective clothing for their, and the patient’s protection. Patients should not be alarmed by this.
- All patients should avoid going to the surgery except to attend appointments. Repeat medications can be ordered via the nominated pharmacy or via the website if you have online access. We will temporarily suspend the usual photographic ID requirement and you can request access online confirming your details, rather than in person at the surgery. All prescriptions will be issued electronically so patients who usually collect their paper scripts will be asked to nominate a pharmacy to which they can be sent electronically. You can do this via the website also.
- Patients attending for face to face appointments will check in at the reception desk rather than on the automatic arrivals screen. Please remain behind the barrier for our receptionist’s safety.
- Patients who have any suspicion that they may have coronavirus MUST NOT come to the surgery. Instead call us – only if you feel you cannot manage your symptoms. For general advice please go to www.nhs.uk and click the Coronavirus link.
- Avoid ringing 111 as they are inundated. To get medical help relating to coronavirus access https://111.nhs.uk online.
- Following the Government latest advice – please await a letter which will be sent to you via your consultant/clinic if you are under secondary care. For further information about those at risk and what to do visit the Government website here
The surgery will continually update the way it is working in line with the latest local and National advice. Look for the latest news relating to King George Surgery:
Please see the link regarding government advice https://bit.ly/38UQTYL
FOLLOW GOVERNMENT ADVICE – WASH YOUR HANDS AND EXERCISE SOCIAL DISTANCING
8.00am - 6.30pm
8.00am - 6.30pm
8.00am - 12.30pm, 1.30pm - 6.30pm (we are closed for staff training 12.30-1.30pm)
8.00am - 6.30pm
8.00am - 6.30pm